Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

uh.

Uh, it's kind of funny how when you FINALLY have what you think you wanted [love/adventure/achievement], but you don't feel the way you thought you were supposed to feel...once you get to that point. what a let down, right?

...a calling starts to feel like a punishment and
what was once a day-dream begins to feel like an obligation.

Uh, there's absolutely nothing in this entire world that will ever truly satisfy the human soul/being.

this world obviously has nothing for me. give me Jesus, that's all I need.


of course, I'm excited to travel to new places, meet new faces and follow/encounter God in CRAZY ways, I'm just realizing that even fulfilling dreams God set/blessed aside for me won't satisfy...only HE can truly satisfy.

here's to a bitter & sweet future.
I'm glad God's in control of it.
now I just have to simply
continue on, no turning back.

"You can never be the same after the unveiling of a truth [will/path/call on your life]. That moment marks you as one who either continues on with even more devotion as a disciple of Jesus Christ, or as one who turns to go back as a deserter."

2 comments:

Sincerely, Stephanie said...

hmm, that's actually really interesting.
I always live with the mentality that once I achieve a goal, or my dreams, I will be happy. But that's not true. God is the only real satisfaction. Thank you Courtney!

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you how parallel our lives have been. Or, at least our emotions, haha. There is always this big moment of panic, o dread... where I talk myself out of the blessings God has given me and am tempted to retreat back into the comfort of settling. Adventure is exciting in part because it terrifies us. It's that thrill that makes it that much more interesting... if we were completely unafraid it would be boring and routine--but mainly, not special at all.

Cannot wait to talk to you soon. Maybe I'll even pay you a visit on Black Friday!