Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

back to the books

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy schoolsupplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if Iknew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has itscharms."

- You've Got Mail


OK. So today was my first OFFICIAL day of being free from the bondage known as school [k-12] - it sounds so cliché but it couldn't ring more truth...while most people, kids, children, ect. headed off to government or private school facilities I went to my college class, one class that started around nine and lasted about an hour and a half...so when I got home I had the rest of the day to do whatever I needed to or wanted to - it was trulyglorious! I did all of my laundry, met my mom for lunch during her break, ran some errands, got organized for the semester, went on a two mile run, folded laundry, sat & read in a book store, and filled out more job applications...that may not seem that fulfilling...but to me it felt so good to accomplish so much on a "school day".
*in other news, I went to barnes & nobles with my twin tonight, it was icing on the cake of my wonderful day let me tell you...so we were bumming around and I found the book entitled for young women only....they have one for just about every walk of life; men only, young men only, women only...you get the idea. so anyway last summer when I worked at camp a lot of the girls in hotel [the giant house full of 30 girls I stayed in all summer] had been passing it around and reading it & saying how good it was....so it was that good, I read like the first two chapters & skimmed the rest of it in the café and I was even going to make an honest person out of myself & purchase it, but times are tight being unemployed .. anyway, it was really insightful, even if you're dating, not dating or are thinking about dating.. it had all sorts of polls and interviews with anonymous guys, that were telling it like it is on things like ; how they want to be treated, what they are really thinking when girls act certain ways, why they what they do .... it was so good. it really got me thinking about how I treat the men in my life; my dad, my two brothers, friends and of course my future husband...

No comments: