Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

I have so much to be thankful for ...


  • new job: I now work at the library, and I know what you're thinking...but it's the most ideal job ever! I sit at a help desk, basically helping old people print from their computer or help make copies...in the mean time [as told by my supervisors] I work on my homework! and it's perfect because it's quiet, I can get school work done and I am getting paid pretty decent...like almost three bucks more than I was making at my last job. and they just remodeled and it's one of the nicest libraries I've ever been in, with all brand new computers & such...it's a really nice place to work!
  • oasis leader: as of this school year, I started helping out with my churches middle school ministry [called oasis] as a sixth grade girls leader. I love all the girls in my group, they bring me such joy, yet they are so innocent and it makes my heart hurt to think of this world they have to face, with all the pressures this world throws at young girls; looking a certain way, finding security in having a boyfriend, trying to make it to the top of the social latter....the list goes on...but when I look past that aspect, I see myself in some of the girls! I love it and God is really showing me how to love them - even though a lot of them I just met for the first time a couple weeks ago..
  • the weather: so I guess because of the hurricanes down south [thank God we don't get hurricanes from lakes..] this past week and a half I want to say, has been the rainiest/cold/hot/humid/fall like weather ever [Michigan weather is very unpredictable], but this week has really cleared up...to blue sunny skies, and not to hot and not to cold - good sweat shirt or sweater weather, which I love!
  • my health: So I have been running a lot lately, mostly because the weather is cooling down - making it more enjoyable to run outside & so I can stay in shape I guess..and me and some friends might run a 5k for the Thanksgiving day parade! anyway as I am running I always think about the fact that some people can't even walk let alone run, so I am pretty thankful I can get up in the morning and go on a good run..

No comments: