Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ah-mazing summer nights..

Wow. This summer is dreadfully going by faster than I would like, HOWEVER at least I have something to look forward to at the end of my some what 'freedom' ... Hillsong Conference in Miami, which falls at the end of August! So excited, there are no fitting words. That’s beside the point. Summer nights are something I live for; warm breeze, nine o'clock daylight, bon fires, fire flies, being out late because homework isn't calling, or staying up late (and not because a paper is due in a few hours), spending time with friends, or listening to thunder storms. what ever the case my be, I love summer nights. This summer some nights are spent in a different sort, learning, hearing, praising, and talking about my God. Sunday nights, obvious; Lighthouse.. which is always good. And now just for the summer season; Watershed.. which is an amazing time where the women collective of thee Lighthouse Collective are able to spend time digging into God's word as a sisterhood. God has opened my eyes so wide this summer and it's not even over yet..!


I don't enjoy drama, I think girls can be too catty and that sometimes they are too much.. So girls Bible studies always make me a tad nervous at first, but after I test the waters (no pun intended) I really do end up enjoying them. This summer we (as in Watershed::Lighthouse girls) are studying Esther through the Beth Moore Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman study. The study itself is pretty good, but besides the study, the time we spend listening to each other talk is probably (for me) the most powerful. There is something about hearing girls share what they are struggling with and then coming to find that we are all basically struggling with the same exact things from day to day, no matter what background, shape, size, color, or personality we come from. Each of us have at least one thing in common, being a woman. I love that about this group. I love that when I hear a girl share her heart that I can relate to a tee with what she is dealing with. I love that, that is God. I love that God moves in each of our hearts to see Him through someone else’s struggle perhaps. It has been amazing the encouragement I have received from this Bible study and I am so expectant for what God is going to continue doing this summer.. for such a time as this (Esther 4:14) that the women of LH would be able to spend time with one another and share, learn, grow this summer! It is in fact amazing..



like .. love;
Not in a valley girl tone of course, but I do have to say I like love. Who doesn't like love.. Even for a guy, he has to like love, he has to like affection or relationship or contact or communication.. Though this could be coming from his mom or a sports team, I'm not an expert, but it doesn't take a scientist to know that EVERYONE likes love, people like being loved. This summer at Lighthouse, Cliff is starting series called 'Like Love', a dating/relationships/love/friendship/whatever it is series on none other but love! I have to say I am slightly stoked. In high school WSM did a series on love and boy/girl connections.. it was good, but this one will be a bit different seeing that for this group dating is no longer recreational (to some maybe) but for the most part it's now a time where prospective spouses come into play...anyway, what ever the circumstance, the first part was on Sunday and it was exactly what I needed to hear, it was the kind of message (which seems selfish, but true) that was directed right to me! It was all about how you can't think or go about a healthy relationship (boy OR girl) with hidden sin. The call for forgiveness is evidently key and of course something I have grown up hearing, but it was so right in my face on Sunday. I am so excited to hear the rest of what Cliff has to say about God, dating, and relationships in general. d e e p b r e a t h I am excited to see what God does in my heart after this ah-mazing summer.

final thought;
read this and be encouraged..

Love
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
13 Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.
17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord.
20 On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:9-21

No comments: