Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Playing major catch up;

long time coming ...

Oh, The Places I Could Go;

I am a procrastinator. I am a worrier. I am indecisive. I am slightly a perfectionist. I see, I am here for a reason. I am on an adventure. I keep waiting. I need to move into action.. With these thoughts boggling my mind, I was reading Oh, the Places You'll Go to Jack the boy I have been nanny-ing this week. I was shocked at how applicable a Dr. Seuss book could be! I probably have read this child's book before, growing up perhaps -- but it wasn't till yesterday that as I read the words how it almost turned into a, "Oh wow I think God is trying to tell me something in this kids book!!" Last weekend (4 of July) I was at a bonfire with my sisters and some friends, I got talking with a girl there whose boyfriend had been to Australia with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). She told me how it was great for people who didn't really know what they wanted out of life or were unsure of the direction of their life. It sounded amazing as she was explaining what they do down there and how life changing it can be. Basically you go to a different country (or stay in the states - they have YWAM locations almost everywhere) for 4 months, there you go through an intense discipleship program. After the three months of learning and serving locally, your team as a whole chooses where (different location for serving internationally) they will go for two months and serve; applying all they learn from the prior discipleship classes. If that doesn't sound exciting or inviting -- I don't know what does... To me, someone who has no 5 year, let alone 5 day plan, it sounds pretty inviting. Therefore I have been researching and praying about different options and how I could serve with YWAM. I would have to finish up college with at least an associates degree this year, then hopefully go on my Discipleship Training School (DTS) journey, come back to the states and then who knows what ... obviously they are God's plans not mine, I am just trying to iron out the wrinkles of my unmotivated, indecisive, pouty self that needs to wake up and see life for what it is in Christ.. ::deep breath:: maybe this is something God really is calling me to, now I sit back; trust, wait, be still, pray, seek Him, and pursue opportunities.. Here is the part(s) of the book that really stuck out to me and made me think of how I need to apply this literally to my life.



Congratulations!Today is your day.You’re off to Great Places!You’re off and away!You have brains in your head.You have feet in your shoes.You can steer yourself any direction you choose.You’re on your own.And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.You’ll look up and down streets.Look’em over with care.About some you will say, “I don’t choose to go there.”With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,you’re too smart to go down a not-so-good street.And you may not find any you’ll want to go down.In that case, of course, you’ll head straight out of town.It’s opener there in the wide open air.And will you succeed?Yes! You will, indeed!Kid, you’ll move mountains!Today is your day!Your mountain is waiting.So…get on your way!

Oh! The Places You’ll Go!//DR. SEUSS


You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my joy;

Besides the feel of God's calling on my life and seeming to grow up this summer, in church we began a new series on Joy -- oh my goodness.. SO good, of course I missed today because I am at work BUT that is the beauty of podcast!! Anyway, it was such a blessing to hear what God says about Joy in the Bible and how we can apply it to every situation in our life. My favorite thing said was "We find our joy, when we find God.." -- because how true is that?! How can we have joy in our lives if we aren't seeking God??! It really hit me in the face and made me examine the joy I claim to have in my life .. it could use a tune up no doubt.

PS; I got to go see Paper Route at the Garden Bowl the other night... it was amazing they literally played on a bowling alley, it was a good time.. now go listen to their music.

No comments: