Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fall is nigh...but so is summer...what a conundrum!

Ah, ¡Septiembre! For some reason the month of September is the only month I can remember from when I struggled through Spanish in high school & into college. That's besides the point. I just cannot even believe it's SEPTEMBER?! What in the world... why is my life sliding by so quickly and seemingly nonchalantly?! I leave for AUSTRALIA in about 30 days. That's thirty days to wrap things up here, to savor every second of "fall" that I can, to emotionally and spiritually prepare myself and to raise as much support I can. The panic is beginning to set in [typical me...]. Praying, praying, praying for strength and courage as these 30 days of preparing, packing, planning, and taking off come rushing towards me. No turning back now, eh? Exciting and terrifying at the same time. It's strange to me that something that I've only ever dreamed of is coming true in front of my eyes and I'm slightly terrified. God wants to know how much I trust and lean into Him it seems...it's hard but it's what I have to do. A common phrase thrown around in my church family is:


"how big is your God?"



...such a valid question. We so often doubt the power and strength of God... HELLO He can move mountains; He's bigger than any bill we have lingering, He's bigger than any petty conflict we find ourselves in, He's bigger than any dream we're trying to fulfill. There's no way around it, I just have to buckle up for this adventurous, yet terrifying ride that God is about to take me on.

Enough ranting for now. I was just encouraged to read Joshua... I need the courage of Joshua right about now ::



"... I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night {c o m f o r t}, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:5-9
______________________________________________
[EDIT...hour later...] just read a devo on Josh 1:1-9!!
God is so cool... He knows what we need, when we need it.

"Obstacles (a.k.a. getting to Australia) are one way that God strengthens faith. When you are confused and cannot see how He could work out your situation, do not walk away in defeat and miss His blessing. He wants to teach you His way of obedience, trust, and courage. Believe Him; He always keeps His promises. "

No comments: