Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Get Away

I'm guilty of shallow God and I time. My human nature allows "things" to get the in way of the perfect get away. Personally my fondest times spent with God are when I'm in a secluded area. Where I can talk out loud. Stretch my arms. Lie face down. Meditate on the Word – simply listen, without distractions.

Today my heart was heavy. The only way I could relieve it was to get away; away from noise, away from life, away from wants, away from needs, away from traffic. Away from everything that constantly gets in the way.

I found myself at one of my favorite parks. Lots of hills, trails, open space, streams, and nature. With nothing around me except for Gods creation, I sat in a huge open field of grass to listen, pray, and read. It's crazy how you can feel the Holy Spirit moving in moments like that. Burdens were lifted and I released aches to Lifter of my Head.

When people say they are going on a weekend get away it usually entails some sort of a break, an oasis, relaxation, or time off. That's exactly what it is to spend time with God. A time to take the load off, to rejuvenate, to refresh, to breath, to rediscover life's value. The amazing thing about God is that we don't have to request work off; we don't have to make plans, pack, or prepare to take a get away with God. We can come to Him anytime, anywhere to simply get away. Just as we allow our selves to rejuvenate physically, we must allow ourselves time to rejuvenate spiritually, taking time to get away with God.

No comments: