Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

wait, what?!


Oh hey waiting season! You annoy me so much. You get under my skin, because I let you. You consume my mind. You cause me grief. But THANK YOU JESUS for revealing Truth through this season.


I find myself waiting for so many things right now [college/graduation/career/marriage/family…]. Everyone says to make the most of waiting seasons. Thankfully, so far I can say I’ve done a lot in during this waiting season; traveled, learned HEAPS of about myself, re-discovered God’s grace/love/mercy… now I feel like I’m in a waiting season, within a waiting season, if that makes sense. What a conundrum, am I right or am I right!?


I am essentially waiting for the waiting to be over!! What is wrong with me? Hello, we’ll always be waiting for someone/something, so does that mean this isn’t really a waiting season? It’s really just how life is? I’m confusing myself as I type this.. BUT God is revealing lots of Truth to me in these days of waiting, while waiting…


So wait, what am I waiting for!? Why not do things now?! Check things off my list. Be active! Things I want to see brought to fruition need to start somewhere! I need to stop planning and trying to map out my life. God is once again reminding me... that this life I live is a daily decision to give Him control, letting Him lead and guide my steps. Surrender is key. Just wait on Him.


therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. - is. 30:18

Lament (We Cannot Wait) (Feat. Breanne Düren) by Robbie Seay Band Featuring Breanne Düren on Grooveshark

No comments: