Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

finding Hope

this week I started reading the book My Name Is Hope by John Mark Comer. he's a pastor at a church in portland & he has a great/easy-to-read/raw writing style...which is awesome, I'm cruising right through the book--huge strides I've made since high school, says the once I-hate-reading-tough-girl :) anyways, the book is great & he uses SO MUCH SCRIPTURE!! to me that's the best part, lots of "inspirational" books unfortunately don't use too much scripture, it's mainly just the authors opinion...so having lots of passages to reference & soak in is excellent! get this book... it's basically about what he has learned through his personal struggle with depression/anxiety & how he found the Light at the end of the tunnel... through the power of Christ, not just Zoloft.

you certainly don't have to be depressed or anxious to read it either...chances are there are people in your circle of life struggling, so it's just good insight all around. depression/anxiety is unfortunately very common today. it's time to stop letting satan steal our JOY that can only come from the Lord! Hope has come & is patiently waiting to walk us back to the Garden & restore our everlasting joy/peace!



*ps I feel super accomplished whenI do an entire post via my Blogger iphone app :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm going to look up this book!!