Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

CONTENT


everyone is asleep and the house is quiet as I am sitting very comfortably on our over stuffed cozy couch, wrapped in my fleece ikea blanket, itunes is on quietly keeping me company as I type; all I hear is band of horses
detlef schrempf playing softly, accented with the smooth humming of the heat kicking on....ahh fall has officially fallen, in the midst of me wrestling with the fact of the air remaining crisp until at least mid april .... honestly, why is this state so cold! right now life is going by fast and it seems like I never have time to get things done, therefore sitting here in the quiet is very refreshing, and relaxing - I can finally take a breath. fall is one of my favorite seasons, one reason being that, it offers such lovely indulgences such as; cinnamon donuts, hot cider, hot chocolate, carmel apples, apple crisp, homemade apple or pumpkin pie! I could go on....and then there are the activities; hay rides, pumpkin carving, apple picking, going to the cider mill, admiring beautiful leaf color change, raking leaves & jumping in them. it makes me happy & I am really content at the moment, but in the back of my mind are hidden all of the tasks and lists of things that will bombard me tomorrow ... I am going up north this weekend for the first ever watershedretreat - I am very excited, but just have a lot to do before then; work, laundry, pack, study, pass a history test, finish shooting for our kairos video (which I am excited to see!!) ... it will all get done, it alway does - but the getting there is always an adventure ... God works in funny ways, ways we don't think are possible, but when we sit back and wait, there ends up being a very good possibility of something great happening ... just a thought - I'd stay tuned. one more thing before my head meets the pillow ...

No comments: