Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

dream job*

ok so I am at work right now. what is work? - sitting at the 'help desk' in the computer center at my local public library. I am sitting at a marble half circle desk, monitoring six rounded tables with six computers each, all I hear is people typing and sound of busy traffic outside - as people take their lunch break, the air is really dry and I can't help sneezing, the sun is shining down through this huge (and I mean huge) sky light window that covers more than half of the room, I've been here since nine-thirty when the library opened, I have taken a few phone calls and only answered about three questions; "How do I make a copy using the copy machine?" , "How would I find the 'League of Woman’s Voters' website?", and "Do you know what major city is off of I- 75, and its not Mackinaw or Traverse City (using his 'Michigan' hand as a reference of course)?" ... answer being Gaylord Michigan - props to Google maps and fast internet. So this is my job ... seriously I am getting paid right now, sometimes I feel guilty because I am almost doing nothing! Normally I get all of my homework done while on the job (my boss said it was okay), so today I attempted to start writing a paper I have to write for my history class, but I forgot my book at home ... so now I am stuck here for one more hour with no homework to do … I kind of like this quiet, quiet is good to an extent; I have a big family so I am used to noise, which I like. Anyway, I am done rambling...

I hope everyone has a glorious day!

No comments: