Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Okay. I found another movie to go in my top ten.
[1. Elizabethtown 2. It's A Wonderful Life 3. Pride & Prejudice 4. Garden State 5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off 6. Sleepless In Seattle 7. You've Got Mail 8. While You Were Sleeping 9. August Rush 10. EAT PRAY LOVE]

EDIT [8/17]: My wonderful friend Megan just e-mailed me these passages, seen under each picture!! love them....



E A T
“I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit” // Jeremiah 2:7
“When your words came I ate them and they were my joy and hearts delight” // Jeremiah 1:4
P R A Y
“Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you” // Jeremiah 29:12
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know” // Jeremiah 33:3
L O V E
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness” // Jeremiah 31: 3
“Give thanks to the Lord almighty, for the Lord is good; His love endures forever” // Jeremiah 33:11

I'm not going to pretend to be some trendy intellectual movie buff, that pulls a lesson out of EVEY movie I watch... Especially because I'll admit that I LOVE cheesy, sappy, romantic comedies that have little to NO meaning....no shame. I won't get too intellectual or write a summary on the CRAZY symbolism you can find in this movie... I will simply say; EAT PRAY LOVE was amazing! It was a tad long & seemed to drag on a bit, but it was quit inspiring... even if you're not going to randomly leave your husband, dream-life, and job all in one day to travel the world... it still inspires to just live life in a way that you desire, within reason of course. To take life one step at a time, to take rest and relaxation seriously. To surround yourself with friends and family. To find GOD. To release yourself from the past and find rest in the Creator or the Universe, Jesus Christ! And last of all to find LOVE... even if it's not the guy, to simply LOVE everyone...go see it :)

"Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation"


*My favorite track from the soundtrack.

No comments: