Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

confession.

edit: 30 minutes after post // Satan, I will not believe lies you feed me! Get behind me. I am His and He is mine, made in His image. The world tried to define woman-hood, but I will not conform. I am who I am, because of I AM. Amen. * thank you Jesus for blessing me with sisters to remind me who I am & speak truth into me.

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.” John 17:17

confession:
I wish I was more girlie.
Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me! Tonight we went to the mall to bum around and I had a revelation, I wish I was more feminine/girlie. Every time we go to the mall, I try to have fun, I'm not adventurous when making purchases, I don't get excited about things in Anthropologie, I never wear earrings, I hardly know how to do my hair & make-up, I hate babysitting, I love cuddly babies -- but I'm really awkward at holding them, it takes a lot for me to cry, I don't know how to braid hair, I'm not crafty, I can't doodle, and generally just not girlie :( I want to be more girlie... but every time I try, it doesn't work! How am I ever going to be a decent wife/mother!? #help

3 comments:

Lisa Fillmore said...

Who defines "girlie".

Here's how scripture defines "girlie".

Trustworthy
Kind
Thrifty
Hardworking
Organized
Modest
Persistent
Helpful
Happy
and admired by others.

Proverbs 31!!

Erika Mason said...

Amen to Proverbs 31!

All the things you were describing in your post about being girlie are worldly/cultural standards for a woman. To want those things beyond who God created you to be is not from God! You were fearfully and wonderfully made by God. Don't let the devil or any of his schemes tell you different! Love you Courtney

Courtney said...

Thanks mommy & Little Erika :)

I'm blessed to have wise women in my life.

xx