Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

identity crisis?

Tonight I was overwhelmed, while scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed. It caught my eye that so many teenage girls have over air brushed profile pictures of themselves. There must be some major identity crisis' taking place. I am of course, found guilty for painting on my face every morning (and more so when I go to a fancy event). It's not that make-up or looking good is bad, it's not being able to anywhere without make-up on OR getting stuck in the mind set that your true identity is only found in your outward appearance..

Why do teenage girls Picnik their beauty away anyways!? It makes me so sad, that women in general think they must paint their face on to be beautiful. Women long to know, "am I beautiful?" We think the only way to get the answer we are looking for is by applying heaps of make-up on. That is in fact a lie.

I think it's about time Satan stops over-taking media & brain washing females into thinking they are only beautiful as COVER GIRL's painted with foundation & eye liner or over-airbrushed-Picnik-pixally-cheaper-versions of themselves. Lies. Lies. Lies. Satan is full of it. Girls, don't believe these STUPID lies! Wash your make-up off and look in the mirror & tell yourself you're beautiful with or without make-up on! You are perfect in His eyes, no one else opinions should matter or form your ill thought processes of what you think of yourself.

"For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." 1 sam 16.7

Once you take the mask off, you'll find that people will STILL think you're beautiful, without over correcting your Facebook profile picture on Picnik, I promise :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm learning about identity, too. It's such a HUGE thing in Newcastle... and the crisis is pretty much killing people. So, it's about time we took a stand for true beauty, right?

http://cookiemate.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/what-makes-you-so-beautiful/