Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"Letting go and letting God" isn't always comfortable.

Relevant just put out an article called Is There Room for Anxiety in the Church?  that hit a little too close to home, not to share... this quote below is basically what I've been feeling over, oh say the last ten months or so!! at the end of June, it will have been exactly a year from coming home & I still don't feel a certain calling toward His good purpose... which is super difficult, because I know, that I know, that I know He has a good & perfect plan/purpose for me... it's just hard to see it when anxiety creeps in.  I suggest reading the entire article, it was really good read.
"... imagine God freely calling you toward His good purposes. And as you journey in that direction, you may find yourself caught between the present and the future. That in-between place of the present and the future can create all kinds of anxiety because of the freedom of choice God has given us in our life. Perhaps we are anxious because the experiences of our past have shaped us in such a way that we dread making a free and deliberate choice. Or perhaps the mere possibility of making a wrong choice has left you feeling anxious."

*photo & quote originally posted on Relevant Magazine's website

No comments: