Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

sweet surrender?

Sweet Surrender by Luke Parker on Grooveshark


God's teaching me A LOT lately that surrendering to Him is a daily thing... more like a minute-by-minute thing! I REALLY need to work on surrendering my plans, my thoughts, my dreams, my life... that's where closeness/oneness with Him comes. Whoever is reading this is probably thinking to themselves... duh! Well hello, way easier said than done & I'm learning to lean into Him. His ways are HIGHER, so why is it so hard to surrender!? It's difficult for a planner/perfectionist to live life with open hands... I know I am capable, I just have to hype myself up for it... like I did all the other times, Jesus I need Your help.

For my [dreams/desires for you]
are not your
[dreams/desires],

neither are your [plans/agenda]
my
[plans/agenda for you],

declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my [plans/agenda for you]
higher than your
[plans/agenda]
and my [dreams/desires for you]
than your
[dreams/desires].

Isaiah 55 v 8-9



[slightly] intimidating,
yet comforting nudge.


No comments: