Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

very moody

this afternoon it dawned on me how long it's been since I've applied to Moody! I started the application in August, turned it in September and still have no idea if I've gotten in. it made me so discouraged and frustrated that it's taken THIS LONG! plus it's SO intimidating to think about what's next in my life... moving to Chicago? staying in Michigan? moving back to Australia? other school options? other job options?

frustrating!


but then God reminded me of some things...

God has a sense of humor... once again using a major life decision to teach me lots & lots of patience. it's also teaching me that God is a lot bigger than the plans I plan for myself. we can only do so much to plan/prepare, the rest is [cliche-ly] placed in His hands.

so I'm trying to find the freedom that can be found in the fact that I have NO idea what my life will look like in six months or in six years. just trying to remind myself that the unknown is FUN / EXCITING / ADVENTUROUS ... all I have to do is sit back & let God lead me to all of my where/what/who/when's of life.

praying for peace / understanding / wisdom today ...
I'll need all of that IF I get into Moody
and IF I don't get into Moody.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 peter 5:6-1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally been there. Actually, as I've told you before, the day I met you I had resigned myself to settle for MY plans for my life. Then, the next day, God said "Hey! I didn't forget about you! Don't you forget that we had plans... and I always come through!"

My biggest encouragement: don't stop dreaming big, and when you are overcome with our measly understanding of timing just hold onto hope in the promises God has given you. Know that He has not forgotten and is faithful until the very end. Do not settle your dreams for something you can handle, keep those dreams big--it's a reminder that we can do nothing without Him.

Still in town until Thursday, if you want to get together. :)

Praying for you always.
xoxo J

Courtney said...

Whoa! Joy thanks for the encouragement... such a good reminder[s]!

Let please get together... I'll inbox you my phone number :)